- Products & Solutions
- Why Avangate
- Customer Login
- Request a Demo
Avangate Acquires 2Checkout to Expand Payment Flexibility and Broaden Market Reach
Combined company will bring a unique combination of eCommerce and subscription management solutions to market through various payment models across the globe.
Find out more:
Avangate Acceptable Use Policy
This acceptable use policy ("AUP") describes the acceptable use of the services provided to Avangate's users and customers by Avangate. Avangate may decline, suspend, or terminate your use of Avangate's services in accordance with the AUP. The AUP below outlines several categories of services or products that Avangate will not support. Please review this policy and ensure that your business practices, products and services are compliant with this AUP. Please note that Avangate has the right to update and modify this AUP at any time without prior notice. The list of Prohibited Products and Services listed below is merely representative, but not exhaustive. In other words, your business practices, products and services may not be approved by Avangate regardless of whether they appear below.
Prohibited Products and Services
Avangate does not resell or facilitate transactions involving the following Products or Services that:
- Violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation.
- Relate to transactions involving (a) narcotics, steroids, tobacco, e-cigarettes, online pharmacies or pharmaceutical products, certain controlled substances or other products that present a risk to consumer safety, (b) drug paraphernalia, (c) items that encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to engage in illegal activity, (d) stolen goods including digital and virtual goods (e) items that promote hate, violence, racial intolerance, or the financial exploitation of a crime, (f) items that are considered obscene, (g) items that infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy or any other proprietary right under the laws of any jurisdiction, (h) sexually oriented materials or services and any other age restricted goods or services, (i) weapons and munitions, gun powder and other explosives, fireworks and related goods, toxic, and flammable, radioactive materials and any other physical goods that are not bundled with an underlying support or service offering resold by Avangate.
- Relate to transactions that (a) show the personal information of third parties in violation of applicable law or platforms that facilitate the publication and removal of content (such as mug shots), where the primary purpose of posting such content is to cause or raise concerns of reputational harm, (b) support pyramid or ponzi schemes, matrix programs, other "get rich quick" schemes or certain multi-level marketing programs, (c) are associated with purchases of annuities or lottery contracts, lay-away systems, off-shore banking or transactions to finance or refinance debts funded by a credit card, (d) involve virtual currency or the transmission of money (in whatever form be it wire transfers, money orders, and the like), currency exchanges or check cashing businesses, (e) involve certain credit repair, debt settlement services, credit transactions or insurance activities, or (f) bail bonds, collections agencies, law firms collecting funds for any purpose other than to pay fees owed to the firm for services provided by the firm (e.g., firms cannot use Avangate to hold client funds, collection or settlement amounts, disputed funds, etc.).
- Involve gambling, gaming and/or any other activity with an entry fee and a prize, including, but not limited to, casino games, sports betting, horse or greyhound racing, lottery tickets, other ventures that facilitate gambling, games of skill (whether or not it is legally defined as a lottery) and sweepstakes.
- Sell social media activity, including, Twitter followers, Facebook likes, YouTube views, or any other forms of social media activity.
- Sell any product, service or activity that is deceptive, misleading, predatory, prohibited by one or more Card Networks, or that provides no added benefit to the buyer (this being determined by Avangate in its sole discretion).
- Sell file-sharing products or services that make uploaded content publically searchable or incentivize users to upload content.
- Sell any product or service enabling consumers to circumvent locks, programming codes or security features or manufacturer protections (illegally circumventing other copyright protection devices), or certain geographic or IP-based restrictions, including through usage of VPN, proxy or anonymous user facilities, or to gain access to features, services, media or content for which the user has not expressly paid or been authorized to access, including mobile phone and mobile device access.
- Sell satellite signal decoding products, cards and card programming.
- Involve work from home business opportunities or other 'get rich quick' schemes.
- Sell malware and including, but not limited to, computer viruses, worms, trojan horses, spyware, dishonest adware, crimeware, unauthorized rootkits, and other malicious and unsolicited software.
- Involve the sales of activities that are identified by government agencies as having a high likelihood of being fraudulent.
- As per International regulations, Avangate does not support business to and from any banned countries including, without limitation, countries that appear on certain lists provided by the United States Department of the Treasury, Office of Foreign Assets Controls. You may view these lists at: http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/Programs/Pages/Programs.aspx.
- High risk businesses, including bankruptcy lawyers, psychic services, travel reservation services and clubs, airlines, cruises, timeshares, prepaid phone cards, phone services, and cell phones; telemarketing, telecommunications equipment and telephone sales, forwarding brokers, negative response marketing, credit card and identity theft protection, the use of credit to pay for lending services, any businesses that we believe possess elevated financial risk, legal liability, or violate card network or bank policies.
- Sell Stocks, bonds, securities, options, futures (forex) or an investment interest in any entity or real property, providing escrow services, engaging in any form of licensed or unlicensed aggregation of funds owed to third parties, factoring, or other activities intended to obfuscate the origin of funds.
- Sell Access to newsgroup services where the participant(s) do not have the right to distribute the underlying content.
- Sell Computer technical support services.
- Sell Access-based, media-downloading services or software where the participant(s) do not have the right to distribute the underlying content.
- The Reseller of such product or service is unable to provide evidence of the appropriate reseller certificate or permission from the originator of the product or service.
- Sell Video game or virtual world credits (unless you are the operator of the video game or virtual world).
- Sell Sports forecasting or odds making.
- Sell Essays or paper mills.
We encourage you to report violations of this Acceptable Use Policy to Avangate immediately at: email@example.com.
Avangate reserves the right to verify your compliance with this Acceptable Use Policy at any time. Any failure to abide by this Acceptable Use Policy will be considered a breach of the terms of your Agreement with Avangate, which may result in temporary or permanent account suspension without any prior notification.
Last update: December, 2015.